Sunday, May 21, 2017

May 19 (cont) - Goblin Valley

After my hike up Little Wild Horse/Bells Canyon, I head just down the road to Goblin Valley State Park with it's "Goblin" looking rock formations. This will be my 4th time here - not a bad place to visit more than once especially if you're in the area.

I head directly to the Observation Point parking lot.

And start down the Carmel Canyon Trail (1,5 mile loop). The views are pretty incredible!

Even back at the "Goblin Valley"

There's Carmel Canyon down below.

Many flowers


And cactus too!

But the views steal the walk!



I do see a couple of Variegated Frits along the way.

I take a spur trail out to the Goblin's Liar -- not sure what it is but I stop soon after.

The trail continue to Molly's Castle but I'm unsure how much further that will be.

Instead of completing the loop, I just back track my way to the parking lot.

Then I head to Goblin Valley and wander around enjoying views




Faces

Ravens

Awesome stop! Awesome day!