Friday, May 12, 2017

May 12 - Silver Lake (A very snowy Silver Lake)

Well my day is not quite over, as I head up to the end of the canyon (Brighton area) to check out the conditions.

I head up to Silver Lake. For the last 4 Springs, the trail around the lake was pretty clear. But not today! Wow!!

An amazing amount of snow still on the ground!! I was wondering why there were no cars in the parking area; it's because the trails are invisible. (At least 3-4 feet maybe deeper in spots.)

I set off following tops of benches, orange snow poles, blue snowshoe trail markers etc. And it's beautiful!!

I cross the foot bridge -- I'm actually standing almost over the wooden railings.


The winter snow has been harsh to the railings as many are snapped/bent. I see a Mallard pair swimming in the open water.

And then continue around the frozen lake.



Fantastic day!!