Sunday, December 10, 2017

Dec 10 - Jeremy Ranch Walk

Another sunny day with temps in the low 40s. Looking for an easy "flat" walk today which pretty much leaves me a choice of a smoggy (due to the inversion) walk in the valley or heading up towards Park City to walk either East Canyon or the Jeremy Ranch road. I choose the Jeremy Ranch road.

Don't think I'll being seeing deer or elk today as although it's almost the middle of Dec, we haven't had much snow - actually really lacking in snow this year - so there's nothing pushing them down. But I'll be looking again. Basically, just hoping for some duck and a few birds.

I arrive it's sunny, clear and around 32 degrees. I set off up the snow packed and icy dirt road. I'm usually here when there are 3+ foot snow piles on the side of the trail so it's a bit different when there's about 3 inches of snow on the ground.

And the landscape, well, there's a snow on the shadier sections and clear on the sunnier ones.

The little stream is clear in some sections and lightly frozen on others.

Despite the lack of snow, it's still a really pretty walk.

I do see one group of ducks -- Mallards -- on the walk and that's the wildlife for they day! :)

And I see an Elk track in the snow -- no elk though.

I reach my normal turn around point (about 2 miles) and then start heading back.

Nice little walk! Just what I wanted today.